The Catalog component of Garden Tracker for Daylilies is so useful. There are hundreds of uses for catalogs. So, let’s see how to create one:
- Log in to GTfD
- On the Menu on the left of the admin area, Click Catalogs, Add New
- Give your new Catalog a Title
- Enter a Catalog Description (Optional)
- Enter a Catalog Year (Should be filled in for Sales/Gift Catalogs
- Select a Catalog Type
- Click Exclude from Archive Listing if you do not want this Catalog listed with all your other Catalogs on the FRONT END.
- Select the Items you want in your new Catalog.
- The Select list on the Left lets you filter for only Daylilies or only Seedlings. If you leave that alone, GTfD will look through both Daylilies and Seedlings for a match to what you type under Search…
- The Select list on the Right lets you further narrow your Search list.
- I usually select the Category ‘Daylily is Mine’ if I am going to scroll through the Daylily list.
- If your Catalog is a Sales or Gift Catalog (or associated with a specific person in some way), you should select that person from the Catalog Consumer list.
- Note: The Consumer must be entered in the Consumer component of GTfD before it will be available in this list.
- Click Publish!! (Don’t Forget!)
- Now you have a new Catalog that will appear on your Catalogs list (from the menu bar)
- Note: By default, Catalogs display in a Gallery format unless the options on the View/Print Catalog tab are changed after creating the catalog.
Learn how to Enter a Consumer here