What is a Catalog?
A Catalog is a way of creating a Gallery View or Listing View of selected Daylilies and/or Seedlings.
What are Catalogs used for?
Catalogs have so many uses.
- Daylily and/or Seedling Sales
- A Gallery or Listing of favorite Daylilies or Seedlings
- All Daylilies of a certain type or color or location in your collection
- Daylilies that need to be split
- Daylilies that emerge late in the spring
- Seedlings that are keepers
- And, so on, and so on!!
How is a Catalog Created?
- Log In to your site
- Click Catalogs, Add New, on the Admin Toolbar on the left of the screen
- Give the Catalog a Title
- Enter information in the Catalog Info tab
- Enter a Catalog Description (Optional)
- Catalogs used for Sales should include a Catalog Year. Other types of Catalogs should not have a value for Catalog Year.
- The Catalog year value is used by the application to list all Consumers who have a Catalog listing any specific daylily that year. See Creating Catalogs for Daylily Sales for more details.
- Select a Catalog Type
- Select the Items for your Catalog in the Catalog Items select control
- Select from the list on the left and click to move items to the right
- The items on the right will be included in your catalog
- Use the ‘Select post type’ drop down control to limit the list to only Daylilies or only Seedlings
- Use the ‘Select taxonomies’ control to further limit the list
- If the Catalog should be associated with a Consumer, and appear on the Single Record View for that Consumer, move the consumer name from the left side of the Catalog Consumer list to the right side. A Consumer should be selected for all Sales Catalogs.
- Click Publish, or Update, to save your Catalog entry. (Don’t forget!!)
Note: If the Catalog will be associated with a Consumer, create the Consumer record before creating the catalog entry.
Note: If the Catalog will be used for Daylily Sales, for either your items for sale, or for consumer gifts/purchases, enter the Catalog Year and mark ‘Sales’ as the Catalog Type. Also, make sure to select a value for Catalog Consumer.
How is a Catalog Viewed?
To View the Catalog from the Admin Area (Back End):
- Click on either the Permalink or View Post (top Menu Bar) to View the new Catalog entry
To View the Catalog on your site (Front End):
- From the Menu bar, Select Other Info, Catalogs.
- If you do not see Catalogs in the Other Info list, you may need to Log In to your site.
- On the Catalog Listing page, Click on the name of the Catalog to be viewed. This will take you to the Single View page for this Catalog. See this topic to learn about the many different Single View formats for any Catalog you create.
- Consumer Catalogs can be accessed from the Consumer Single View page
- From the Menu bar, Select Other Info, Consumer
- Click on the Consumer to go to the Single View that Consumer
- On the Consumer Single View page, all the Catalogs associated with that Consumer, along with the Catalog Items, are listed.
- Click on the Catalog Title to go to that Catalog Single View page
- Consumer Catalogs can be accessed from a Single Daylily View, Recipients tab
- Navigate to the Single View page for a Daylily that has been included as a Catalog Item on a Consumer Sales Catalog
- Click on the Recipients tab
- Click on a Catalog Title listed to go to the Single Page view for that catalog
How is a Catalog hidden on the Front End of the site?
As time goes on, you may not want all of the Catalogs you have ever created displaying in the Listing page on the Front End of your site. Or, you may create a Catalog that you don’t want available on the Front End. To Exclude a Catalog from the Listing page:
- Edit the Catalog record to be excluded from the Front End
- Log In to your site
- On the Admin Toolbar, Select Catalogs, All Catalogs
- Find the Catalog to be excluded in the Admin List
- Click the Catalog Name or Edit
- In the Catalog Info tab, Click Exclude
- Update the record
- Go to the Front End of your Site
- Navigate to the Catalog Listing page
- Menu Bar, Other Info, Catalogs
- The Catalog that was marked ‘Excluded’ should not be listed in the Listing page.