Follow these instructions to copy a seedling record into your Daylily Parents collection. The Daylily Parent record can remain a seedling, that perhaps you are using to hybridize with, or as a Registered Cultivar.
- In the backend, go to the Seedling record, then click on the Bloom Stats Tab
- Set the Promoted to Daylily button to Yes and enter a date in the field that appears
- Click Update
- Go to All Daylilies, then your new Daylily record with the Seedling Name
- Change the name, if desired. The Seedling name is maintained on this record in the Seedling Name field on the Plant Taxonomy tab
- Add the Hybridizer, if different from what the system takes from the value in Daylily Settings, Hybridizer
- Add the Registration Year – if registered
- Make sure the Category of Daylily is Mine is checked
- Click Update (very important, even if you don’t change any thing)
- Go to the Front End, and view your new Daylily Parent record in either the Gallery view or the Listing view.
Now this Daylily Parent record will be available as a pod or pollen parent in crosses! You can also now promote to a Shop Product from the Daylily Parent record!