What is an Admin List?
How are the Admin Lists accessed?
Log In to Garden Tracker for Daylilies to access the Admin Lists. There is an Admin List for each of the different types of data managed by the application:
- Daylily Parents
- Seed Catalogs
Can data be changed in the Admin List?
Admin Lists can be sorted, filtered, display different columns, and be used to update data directly.
Sorting Data in an Admin List
If the list headings have blue text, an arrow head next to the heading can be used to sort the column in ascending or descending order
Filtering Data in an Admin List
Controls above the list can be used to select values to filter the contents of the Admin List:
- Click on the control to open it
- Click on a value
- Repeat on other controls to apply multiple filters
- Click the ‘filter’ button to filter the list
- Click ‘All’ to un-filter and bring back all the records
Note that the number of records changes when a filter is applied. The number represents the number of records meeting the criteria set by the filter(s) applied.
Display Different Columns in an Admin List
Above the Admin List, to the right of the label for the type of data in the list, is a control that will display the column views available for that list. Change the columns that are displayed by selecting one of the views.
Update Data in an Admin List
Some data values can be edited directly in an admin list. The value will be updated as if the individual data record was opened, the data value changed, and the ‘Update’ button clicked.
To add or update a data value directly in an admin list:
- Click on the ‘inline edit’ button at the top of the list
- Some columns will have pencil icons next to the data value
- These items can be edited directly in the list
- Click on the Pencil icon
- In the box that appears, enter or edit a data value
- Click the check mark button to save the new value
- Click the ‘X’ to cancel