Why do we need to Promote Seedlings to Daylilies?
- When we hybridize,
- We start with two Daylilies (parents)
- Create a Cross
- Generate Seed
- Grow and Evaluate Seedlings
- Use Seedlings for future Crosses
In Garden Tracker for Daylilies, only Daylily (Parents) can be used to set up Crosses. But, sometimes we want to Cross a Seedling.
Promoting a Seedling to a Daylily Parent copies the Seedling information into a new Daylily Parent record.
How is a Seedling record promoted to a Daylily Parent?
- Log In to the Admin area (back end of your site)
- Go to Seedlings
- Open the Seedling record you want to promote
- Under ‘Seedlings Group’, Click on the ‘Bloom Stats’ tab
- Change the ‘Promoted to Daylily?’ button from No to Yes
- Add today’s date into the ‘Promoted Date’ control
- Update the Seedling Record
- Go to the Daylily Parents list
- If the Seedling you just promoted is not at the top of the Daylily Parents list, search for it
- Open the new Daylily Parents record. This entry should have the same name as the Seedling that was promoted
- Click ‘Update’ in the new Daylily record ** Important!
- Edit the new Daylily Record (You can change the name, if you want to – the system has recorded the seedling name in a separate field.
- If you make changes to the new Daylily record, Update again!
Images of the Seedling Promotion process:
(Click on the image to see it separately. These images do not scroll)