Photo upload size is limited to 1 MB. Many cameras produce image files that are larger than 1 MB. Therefore, in order to use an image, you will often have to save it as a smaller size.
There are many ways to process images to a smaller size.
On a Mac,
- Select the image in Photos
- Go to the Image Menu, Select Edit With, Preview
- Preview will open with your image displayed
- Select Export –> A dialog box will open
- Note the image size at the bottom.
- Move the Quality slider until the size is just under 1 MB
- Rename your image to be more descriptive, if desired.
- Click Save